Monday, November 7, 2011

Keep Your Hands to Yourself, Maulvi Sahib

Islamic Culture
05 Nov 2011, NewAgeIslam.Com

By Sahar Syed



One day while I was travelling on a public bus on my way to university, I felt a hand on my backside. Startled, I turned around in an attempt to catch the culprit. However, the only person standing behind me was an old man. Clad in a white shalwar kameez and topi, this man’s pure white beard was long enough to reach his chest. He couldn’t have been less than seventy-years-old. I doubted myself, thinking that I was just being paranoid and it was probably an accident. The old man probably had several grandchildren my age. He would never commit such an act. I turned back around. Thirty seconds later I felt the hand again. I was outraged. I turned and confronted the old man, but he pretended to be deaf. ”Excuse me! I am talking to you. What do you think you are doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment