Thursday, October 6, 2011


Islam and Politics
06 Oct 2011, NewAgeIslam.Com
Quit Resigning

By Sami Shah

Will they, à la post-MQM-resignation, unleash a political figure who will make his nervous breakdown a public performance piece? Or will they use the same tactic my office did and pretend to take it seriously before offering a designation change in place of an actual salary increase. What none of them will do, and it’s a shame, is to take any of this seriously. If the government calls the PML-Q’s bluff and accepts the resignations, offering their vacated posts to someone with the same qualifications (a horse, a small child or even a rock), then we might actually see something interesting happen. Now if you will excuse me, the tea my office just served me tastes terrible and I need to compose an angry email threatening instant resignation unless I get my way. Don’t worry; it’s my seventh such letter this month. I am sure this won’t backfire in any way. -- Sami Shah

http://newageislam.com/NewAgeIslamIslamAndPolitics_1.aspx?ArticleID=5635

No comments:

Post a Comment